Sue has put together a list of things “To See” in Key West. It is very strange how many places I have yet to see! I heard we have over 30 people registered for the Great Battle. Looking forward to Seeing everyone!
1. The Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory-1316 Duval
2. Harry S. Truman Little White House-111 Front Street
3. Audubon House and Tropical Gardens-205 Whitehead
4. Dry Tortugas National Park-there are two ways to get there. If interested the airplane (float plane) ride out is absolutely gorgeous but a little pricey. Another option is by boat.
5. Key West Lighthouse and Museum-938 Whitehead
6. Fort Zachary Taylor Historic Park-Southard Street on Truman Annex
7. Hemingway House-907 Whitehead
8. Mel Fisher-Sunken Treasure Museum-200 Greene Street
9. La Te Da’s-drag queen show on Duval
10. Key West Cemetery
11. Saint Mary Star of Sea Church and grounds-1010 Windsor Lane
12. Sunset Pier and Mallory Square-1 Front Street
13. Kino Sandal Factory-107 Fitzpatrick Street
14. Key Deer on Deer Key Island
15. Tour Key West by either the Trolley or the Conch Train
These are but a few suggestions. For more on Key West Attractions or more information on the above, Trip Advisor has nice reviews and some prices.
Key West Restaurant/Bar Suggestions
Mangrove Mamas-Mile Marker 20 US 1
Boondocks Grille-Mile Marker 27.5
No Name Pub on Big Pine Key-North Watson Blvd, north of US 1 $
El Saboney- 900 Catherine Street Key West, a favorite Cuban Food Restaurant $-$$
AB Lobster -700 Front Street. Big menu but $$$
Hogfish Bar on Stock Island (Front Street) has really fresh seafood $-$$
Caroline’s-Duval St $$
Blue Heaven Restaurant -729 Thomas Street for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Seating is outside, dirt floor and plenty of chickens! Great Key Lime Pie $$$
Camille’s Restaurant- 1202 Simonton Street for breakfast or lunch. (Close to Blue Marlin) $$$
Banana Café -1215 Duval Street. French style restaurant with a wide variety of great menu selections. A little pricey. Very close to Blue Marlin $$$
Hurricane Hole Restaurant and Marina on Stock Island. Excellent Key West pink shrimp.
Southernmost Beach Café at the end of Duvall St on the beach. Great breakfast served with a great view. Very close to Blue Marlin. $$$-$$$$
Schooner Wharf Bar-202 Williams Street. This famous bar is great for breakfast or lunch.
BO’s Fish Wagon-801 Caroline St. Small downtown place for a sandwich or more $
Salute’-on the beach near the bocce ball courts. Great lunches. $$
Garbo’s-409 Caroline St. Great food, sometimes long lines but worth it. $-$$
Pepe’s Café-806 Caroline Street-great breakfast and lunch $$-$$$
Louie’s Backyard-700 Waddell Ave. Beautiful setting, pricey $$$=$$$$
The Restaurant at LaTeDa-great food, pricey $$$$
Sloppy Joe’s-201 Duval Street $$
McDonnell’s Irish Pub-900 Duval Street
Green Parrot Bar-601 Whitehead
Captain Tony’s Saloon-428 Green Street
Again, there are many more restaurants/bars. These were some of the club member’s favorites.